Monday, May 16, 2005

Monday Bluessss...

Just started work at Republic Poly today. I'm afraid that my "subject to extension" clause in the contract will most likely NOT come to fruition. My being there for the week is only for the preparation of their award ceremony this Saturday. I guess after that I can vamooose. Whatever...
Oh yeah, before you think I'm slacking off, think again. I'm actually following my boss's orders. He kept emphasizing that if I ever feel bored, I can surf the Net or use MSN. Yeah, he repeated that 3 times during the half-hour he spoke to me. So you see, I'm being a good employee and following orders. Hah.
Right, back to this morning. It was raining like mad and I was half-contemplating not showing up. Not seriously, anyway. RP is damn tamade ulu. Moreover, the stupid bus took forever to arrive, and when it did, I couldn't get on because all the stupid and gross students charged forward onto the already crowded bus, leaving me in the cold (and rain).
I then overheard someone say that they were going to walk to school. Which school? Hoping that my hunch was correct, I recklessly set out for RP, with no idea where it was exactly. I basically just followed a bunch of youngish-looking teenagers who were not in school uniform. Erm, that's about as scientific or professional my directional sense is.
i was late for work, but thankfully, my boss was even lately. Hur hur hur. :)
I'm currently stuck in the freaking cold school library, supposedly typing out all the certificates for the ceremony. Guess I'm not too productive eh? But it's hard to be productive when I was first greeted by a nasty mosquito glutted on blood, noisy RP students who talk loudly (stupid China Man), bring food in, and play the guitar, all the in supposed hallow halls of the library. I want to kill all of them so badly, stupid stupid idiots. Sheesh. I need to work on my tolerance.
Oh yeah, yesterday was great fun though. I went to the OmniMax Theatre! I can't remember the last time I was there, but I sure was one heck of an excited! Unfortunately, the people who go to the OmniMax are either a) Children b) Families c) Old Couples. Fadz asked me which category we belonged in. Not exactly pleasant choices... I think our cool factor just dropped a notch.
We watched The Mystery of the Nile. It renacts the ardrous journey of a bunch of crazy ang mohs who try to travel the entire Nile, from source to end, using 2 flimsy rubber rafts. The ang mohs are really nutso. But the sights of Ethiopia, Sudan and Egpyt were exquisite. From ancient Christian churches carved out of the earth in Ethiopia, to the sandy dunes of Sudan, and not forgetting commercialized Egpyt, it was simply spectacular to view the changing environments in wide screen. To be able to see all the different cultures that exist along the Nile, and also the trials and tribulations of the explorers... it was $6 well-spent. I so have to go there again! And I recommend that you all go too!
Sigh, I guess I should go back to work. Totally not in the mood for it. Oh well, half-an-hour more to lunch. Au Voir!

No comments: