Monday, June 20, 2005

Updates on my not-so-eventful-life

Spent the weekend working on the OCBC project. I'm getting seriously sick of OCBC; the constant meetings, brainstorming sessions, having to see those 3 jokers day in and day out... Burnt out, anyone? Luckily I like setting up things, otherwise I would have walked out of it. They haven't even confirmed our allowance. Darn. Free labour.

Anyway, went to Brewerkz on Saturday AND Sunday to celebrate a birthday and Father's Day. Will talk more about those celebrations when I finally upload the pictures. :)

What else did I do? Managed to squeeze in a last minute movie with Fadz (the one we were supposed to watch on our anniversary)! Batman Begins is surprisingly good. After the mega flop of Batman and Robin, I had almost given up on the franchaise. That ridiculous script! Arnold Swazzeneger (who the hell knows how to spell that!?) as My Froze, Poison Ivy! Oh gosh, even the delectable George Clooney couldn't save it from being a catastrophic movie dud.

But Batman Begins, ah, now that is a good movie. The first half is mostly peppered with psychobabble, but for once, Batman is truly protrayed as someone with a lot of vengence and doubt in himself; someone all too human and tempted with revenge instead of fighting injustice. And the cast is brilliant; aside from Katie Holmes (that bitch is engaged to Tom Cruise! It should have been me!!!). Liam Neeson is deliciously deceptive as Ra's al Ghul, one part mentor, one part uber villain. It's amazing how the story twists such that the person who trains Bruce Wayne to be one the dark side, but in the end, Bruce is the person who stands up to him. Brilliant. And Christian Bale is great at being all torn-up inside and broody. Hehe. My new hero.

My wish list is growing. I have so many wants! If some kind soul wants to make me happy, or if OCBC finally decides to be nice and pay us, here's what I'll get:

1) A Longchamp La Pilege bag

Image hosted by Photobucket.com

2) A pink mini IPod!!!!

Image hosted by Photobucket.com

3) Yves Saint Laurent foundation powder!

Image hosted by Photobucket.com

I have another presentation tonight. Presentation, work, presentation, work... Sianz man! I feel so boring! Work, work, work, work.... bleaaaahhhhhh.....

No comments: