Saturday, August 06, 2005

MIA

Inspired by Cheryl moving out, I decided to paint my room. This weekend. So that I can roam Chatuchak next weekend and furnish my new room with lovely Thai items.

Wah piang, this is much harder than it looks. The last time the room got painted was when I moved in 7 years ago. The room was previously occupied by my grandmama, and although she passed away when I was 7, the room got converted into a toy room for my dad's own pleasure. But when I turned 13, I finally bugged him enough into giving my a room cos it REALLY wasn't cool to bunk with the parents at that age.

So anyway, the father just wanted to get the room up and running ASAP and he cut corners. He only painted 3 of the walls, and left the ceiling untouched. Yes, even though the wallpaper on the ceiling had been there since the house was first built and was peeling in certain areas, my dad figured it wasn't about to fall on me and left it that way.

Fastforward to today. After a mindnumbing, dust-raising-flu-inducing, neck breaking 8 1/2 hours, the wallpaper has all come down. Every last, freaking bit. I had to scrap, squirt water to dissolve the damn hardy glue that refused to give up the wallpaper, and incurred a bloody flu.

But I'm that much closer to my goal. Hooha!

So I'd be MIA tomorrow.. and maybe Monday. If you want to contact me, call my handphone or home phone. I don't think I will hear the tinkle of an SMS.

See you in a few days. :)

No comments: