Friday, November 11, 2005

Let's Go... South-East Asia!

It is finally materializing; my dreams of travelling the world. For the past year, a few friends and I have been floating the idea of backpacking around the world. To soak up in the local culture, to see the ruins of ancient civilizations, to be away from civilization (well, the Singaporean materialistic-concept of civilization)... Yes, yes, I can't wait.

The original plan was to backpack Europe, but due to serious money constraints, we have set our sights lower: South-East Asia. Skipping Malaysia (duh, lack of culture), we should be visiting Thailand, Myanmar, Cambodia, Laos and Vietnam. Within a month.

For a while, I was a little skeptical over the possibility of the trip materializing. But for some reason, Fadz has renewed his interest and has launched into intensive research for the project. And I feel completely assured because he can be so damn anal when he wants to be. He's even thinking of making a map to show all the available routes.

I can't wait. To truly rough it out, move away from the sanitized Western-influenced world... Exciting! Wish me luck!

No comments: