Saturday, November 05, 2005

Selamat Hari Raya!

Busy, busy, week. Tests, assignments, papers and projects all culminating in a big crush to destroy my sanity. Everything is due. Nothing is completed. Compounded with that fact that I'm down with the freaking flu... Yup, just another ordinary week as an SMU student.

Just took a cab to school on a SATURDAY for morning makeup lessons. Will be followed by another long day of project meetings. Supposed to be holiday week right? Wrong. I've been back to school everyday single, motherf**king day of the week. Deepavali: Project. Hari Raya: Lessons and Project. I have a right to be this bitter. *sniff sniff*

On a happier note, I managed to squeeze in a visit to Fadzli's house on Hari Raya. The highlight: his mother's amazing good food, of course! Erm, didn't take any pictures, cos it's a bit difficult explaining to his mum that I wanted to showcase her food on the web and make people jealous. But people, imagine beef rendang, sambal sotong, chilli chicken, lontong, cornflake cookies, chocolate chip cookies, kueh lapis, muruku... yup, you get the idea.

Image hosted by Photobucket.com

Me with the Fadz Man. His bro was going for artistic (?) angle.

Image hosted by Photobucket.com

Meet the family. Yup, cheesy grin!

Image hosted by Photobucket.com

The grandchildren. And that's only the maternal side. It's crazy man. I have like 2 cousins can!

Image hosted by Photobucket.com

My fave little cousin! Fariz is crazy! Usually, he likes to smile. But due to unfortunate circumstances (he lost his front teeth), he's looking kinda glum. I adore Fariz. So bloody cute and naughty. At one point, he was sitting quietly in one corner. Fadz prodded him and made him kiss me. Waaahhhh... Heart melt.

Image hosted by Photobucket.com

Another crazy cousin. Looks girly, but acts like a boy. Seriously, she could whoop your ass.

Yeah, never take a lot of photos. Although I must say when they went through the ritual of asking for forgiveness, I felt very emotional. His grandma was crying and the older folks all looked so solemn. The grandkids were all just heeha-hahaing. So much for tradition.

Sigh, can't wait for next year.

No comments: