Sunday, November 27, 2005

Why Oh Why...

This semester has been surreal. I almost feel like a 3rd part spectator, watching as Miss Joanne Chan falls into a pit of heck-care, don't give a fuck, self-wallowing despair. Really. I feel like I've learnt nothing and even more scarily, I don't seem to give a shit.

My grades stink. My projects were spastic. I hated some team mates and teachers probably thought of me as the proverbial airhead. If you were speaking to the Joanne of old, I would probably be hyperventilating. Ignomity in school is such a tragedy. But I've reached such a stage that I really, really, don't care.

My exams start tomorrow. This entire study week has been a farce; I slept away most of the time and my waking consciousness was spent in front of the tv or laptop. And on Friday, when normal people would be panicking, I was busy gorging myself silly on food and ktv-ing. Yup, I was supposed to go to school for a bonus, "optional" (ie last minute) lesson that my psych prof concocted. I woke up, got ready, and decided not to attend class.

More brilliantly, I psycho-ed Sylvia into not going as well and we ended up going to City Hall for a BK breakfast. After that, we swore we would go and study Finance. We spent the whole time in the library booking our short holiday. (FYI, we decided to go with Gallery Hotel instead cos it's cheaper... and Coco Latte is just downstairs!)

In the afternoon, I met the KB gang (after like 2-3 mths hiatus) for lunch at Kenny Rogers. Then we karaoked for 6 hours. Finished the utterly sinful day with dinner at Crystal Jade (xiao long baos! I could have wept with joy).

So you see, my academic life is falling apart and I just can't bring myself to go pick up the pieces. If anyone wants to save my condemned soul, it is about time you appeared to shake me into a caring mode.

Alright, off to play games. Might as well enjoy my degeneration.

No comments: