Saturday, March 04, 2006

Random Updates

Tragic Update #1: I was on my way home the other night and it started raining heavily. Without an umbrella and irritably eager to get home, I decided to run for it. As I was rushing across the road, my foot slipped out of my slipper, leaving it forlorn in the middle of the road. I ran back for it, my other slipper snapped, and I was left with egg on my face. Refusing to spend money to correct this idiotic situation, I bought only an umbrella (must protect laptop) and walked home bare-footed. Yup, if it's good enough for the Africans, it's good enough for me. Aside from the incredulous stares and startled gasp for people, it was really quite pleasant.

Tragic Update #2: I was walking around my very messy room one night and about to go to sleep. Suddenly, I stepped on something and it hurt like hell, but passed quickly. Thinking it was nothing, I proceeded on to my bed but as I turned around, I saw little blobs of red all around the room. Closer inspection revealed that it was indeed blood, and was actually gushing out of my foot. Sigh, the pain didn't hit me until my brain recognized that the blood was coming out of my foot. Not a pleasant sight. I also left cute little round blobs of blood from my room to the kitchen. I hope the ants like protein.

Boyfriend Update: Fadz is back! So, so happy!

SEA Trip Update: Because Thailand is in political upheaval, it's off the itinerary. Damn. So now we have to make do with Vietnam and Cambodia, no Laos because it's just too expensive. (Damn Vietnam). And all my stupid friends have dropped out of the trip for various reasons and it's just me and Fadz. Oh well.

New York Update: And then I was going for 3 weeks. Then not going due to the lack of funds. Then the trip was on again because I found the moolah. And now it's off again because my free accommodation just dried up and I've been bumped off. Sigh, it was going to be such a fabulous 21st birthday celebration.

Other Trips Update: My parents are celebrating their 25th anniversary this August. So seeing how I'm not going to New York anymore, that's my alternative. Choices are fluctuating between New York, Switzerland and Japan. Great, I get to gatecrash my parent's love fest. Whoopee. What a great show of independence. Sigh.

On a happier note, Fadz said that if Thailand calms down, he might bring me there for my birthday. Hahaha, dear Thailand, please stop with the rioting and minister ousting so that I can start my 21st year on this earth with a bang (figuratively, not literally).

No comments: