Saturday, July 01, 2006

Random Events In My Life

Yeah, haven't blogged for a long time. No Internet access at my work place, what. But thank God, my assignment is over. Finito. I don't think I've ever been so happy. Yup, definitely not in the working mood this vacation. How to be when I just want to go on holidays? Anyway.. here's what's happening in my life...

LOVE

I've found the love of my life. Sorry Fadz man, it's been a good run, but I think it's the curtains for us. Sometimes things change and as Heidi Klum would say, "One day you're in, and the next day, you're out." There really was no competition... My new love gives me comfort, support and is simply magnificant. How to compare?

.


.


.


Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting
Meet Triple Chocolate Crunch. I swear, once you taste this amazing cereal from Marks and Spencer, there simply is no way to turn back. It's delightful crunches of lovingly toasted oats, interspaced with 3 kinds of chocolate that melts in the mouth. Together with milk, and you can't go wrong. Mama mia, I am in love! Pure sin, this is to die for.


Haha, you really think I would leave Fadz and still be able to sound like such a cold hearted bitch, meh? Ok, don't answer that. I may be a bitch at times, but I'm lovable, okay. Although I must admit, I came this close to punching Fadz in the face over our 4th year anniversary.


LIFE as I know it


Yup, you read that right. 4 freaking years. It's madness, I tell you. Even I'm surprised that we've lasted this long. Between my bouts of psychotic mood swings and his unreadable stoniness, I would have thought we'd have killed each other or at least, committed suicide.


But anyway, back to my latest act of near violence. So there I was, busy sewing my poor fingers to the bone, making a surprise present for Fadz. Oh well, I missed the dateline by a week and a half, but it was a lot of work!


Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting
The pillow, not the couch. Handstitched the pillow casing (what to do, no sewing machine)! Now isn't that enough dedication to make you weep?


When I finally presented it to him, the little twerp at least had the decency to look touched. But in a moment of humbleness, I admitted that it wasn't my best work and there were some errors. Oh yeah, and go easy on the stitching.


Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting
I did back stitches and pillow stitches, but I suspect it can still fall apart.


So what did he do? Instead of being a great boyfriend and romantically declaring that it was beautiful and he couldn't see any errors, he actually had the cheek to examine it closely and point out a mis-stitch. See, wasn't my rage justifiable?


PERSONAL


Sigh, at least he's redeemed himself. Seeing how I'm in my "Arts and Craft" phase, in a moment of inspiration, I decided it was time to spruce up my bedroom walls. It's been almost 6 months since I repainted my room, and I decided that it was looking a bit bare. So I persuaded (coerced) Fadz into helping me stencil and paint some designs. He did the stenciling while I read blogs. Yes, I can be horrible too. But I love, love, love how it turned out!


Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting
My family is aghast. Is there no end to my shamelessness? You bet. Bow before me, serfs. I did most of the painting, anyway.

FAMILY

Oh yeah, and Father's Day. Ate at CHIJMES... this place called Carnivore. For meat lovers, it's amazing. 12 different kinds of meats charred to perfection and cut at your table still hot from the grill. It's a buffet, so it's nonstop meat after meat after meat. I nearly puked, but it was fantastic nonetheless. And they have funny as hell Brazilian chefs walking from table to table, cutting meats and obviously, they do not speak much English, except "Very nice, very nice!" or "Hen how chi!"

Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting
Daddy's Girl... moi

I can't wait for Taiwan. 23 more days to go! ;)

No comments: