Saturday, September 02, 2006

A Great Girls' Night Out

Damn, but I'd almost forgotten how good it can be to let my hair down and par-teeh.

I did have my reservations going to a freshmen bash, but hey, it turned out pretty fun. Besides, nothing lots of alcohol wouldn't solve. After all these years, yesterday night was the closest I ever came to passing out/puking. But I didn't. Hallelujah, the clean record lives on!

Anyway, our game plan was to duck into MoS early so that we can get on the 1-for-1 bandwagon. Armed with a jug of house pour each, Krisin and I watched the ending of the SMU pageant (lame), boogied a little and whiled away the time.

I think I'm getting old, though. At the end of the last sip, I could feel myself already getting a little tipsy. In fact, as I stood up, I knocked over Kristin's jug, much to the amusement of the old guy next to me who tried to engage me in conversation. Sorry old timer, no interest in older guys unless you look like George Clooney or Richard Gere. Hiak hiak.

In the later part of the evening we hooked up with Kristin's BE friends. It's amazing how prim and proper everyone looks in school, but can turn out to be such party animals once the sun goes down. Unfortunately, the lengthy guessing games that we played meant that I drank the equivalent of another jug of house pour. And some beer. Talk about feeling bloated. I almost gagged on all that liquid.

Thank goodness we met up with the other group. Stupid MoS was teeming with people and when it was just Kristin and I, we were squashed against the side of the cages on the dance floor. The guys of the group were so sweet, especially LN. Whenever a gross, badly dressed, dancing lunatic threatened to push any of the girls, LN would heroically slip in between and act as a barrier. So nice hor?

Speaking of dancing lunatics (of which, there were plenty around), don't these men get embarrassed? I mean seriously, your gangly limbs are falling all over the place, you aren't keeping with the beat... how do they get out of bed even? And another phenomenon I've noticed: guys enjoy dancing with each other. I mean, I spotted so many groups of guys dancing in a circle, doing the chest jiggle against another dude. Can I go like, eww? So many girls around, you're obviously heterosexual and you don't think of asking someone to dance with you? Men. Sheesh.

I was definitely feeling the effect of the alcohol later in the evening. Could feel the earth spinning gently around me. Vaguely remember sitting in the toilet and watched a hilariously high Miss Hsu Xiao Hui shout and giggle in a bid to boost the flagging spirits of a pageant contestant who did not get the crown. Let's just say in our lack of sobriety, there were plenty of kisses, hugs and stripping.

The best thing about a school party? The people you know and the love that flows. Even walking from the dance floor to the toilet, I can be accosted by acquaintances who press drinks into my hands and mouth. Long live champagne and drunk boys!


But I'm totally suffering from all that partying. Work up groggy and lethargic. When I met Fadz in the afternoon, my head was stuffy and I couldn't hear what he was saying. My poor baby... For someone who doesn't club, I can't even imagine what must be going through his head. "What happened to my girlfriend? Who is this pale-faced idiot dragging her feet?"

Oh well, hope I don't wait another 6 months before clubbing again. I tend to be excessive. Haha!

No comments: