Saturday, January 13, 2007

Déja Vu

Great, Mr Touchy-Feely is back in my life. No names mentioned, but I'm guessing some of you would know who I'm talking about.

I haven't spoken to him, like had a proper conversation, for close to 1.5 years. And suddenly, just because I'm in his class and happened to be assigned to the same group as him, he starts being all chummy and acts like we're the best of friends.

When we were still on good terms, he once asked me if I felt that he was too touchy, especially with the opposite sex. Since we were quite close (or so I thought), I said I didn't have a problem.

Well, times have changed, bucko. You don't start sms-ing a person you haven't talked to for a long time and ask to form a group even before the school term starts. Luck would have it that even for preassigned groups, I cannot run away from his claws.

And I hate how hypocritical he is. He sees me in the school canteen, smiles at me across the room like some longlost friend, saunters over and leans over, resting his fucking arm on my shoulder, resting all his weight on me, and gives me a close up of his fake, fucking face like I should give a shit.

How is that appropriate? And he continued to do so until I was so irritated 5 minutes later and abruptly stood up. Only then did he move his arm. And the entire conversation revolved around him whining about his grades, his GPA, and whatnot.

Some things never change, I suppose. He would always be only concerned about his grades, never know real friendship, always using people to his own advantage. Well, at least this time I'm not going into the project with any delusions of friendship. I'd be making full use of him to obtain my grade. And once the project is over, there would be no reason for more small talk.

No comments: