Tuesday, February 27, 2007

You Mean It Was Chinese New Year?

This has got to be one of the toughest Chinese New Year's I've ever experienced... Ok, the 1st 3 days were fun because all I did was eat, gather ang paos and play mahjong. Played lots and lots of mahjong and I just kept winning. Even when I didn't want to win, even when my mum and sister threw the winning card one after another and I refused to win because I felt bad, I ended up zi-mou-ing the card myself. :)

But the days after that were simply hell. I was in school from Wednesday to Friday doing the stupid case competition, getting riled up and let my emotions run high, annoyed myself to the high heavens... sigh. In the end, we didn't get chosen. Mixed feelings about that because on one high, I was ecstatic that I didn't have to see those 3 people anymore. But to think that I wasted all that time for naught, and caused me to do shoddy work for my school work. Merde...

I had a term paper due on Monday and could only start doing it on Sunday because I still had Waikiki (an annual school beach event) to attend and help out with. I was burnt to a crisp as usual. Ah, the curse of being fair... :(

But when I handed in the term paper, apparently we were supposed to choose a research paper (i.e. hypothesis, research, with numbers basically) and I chose a research article (qualitative information). I think my face fell so rapidly that my prof tried to comfort me and said what was done was done. Haiz...

So yup, my Chinese New Year was fleet and painfully short. At least I won money.

No comments: