Wednesday, January 23, 2008

I'm down with food poisoning. Urgh. Yes, the vomiting-diarrhea-my stomach is hurting from all that heaving-kind.

Any anorexic/bulimic should be proud of me. And to whom do I owe this "fun" experience to? Sakae Sushi. That deathtrap of raw fish. Your one-way ticket to losing weight. No laxatives, no spoon down the throat. Just delicious raw fish that was probably wrapped in salmonella.

Haven't eaten a single thing in more than 36 hours. Such an accomplishment. And the amazing thing is, I'm not even hungry. Nada. Nothing more than water is getting past my throat. Even thinking about food makes me want to hurl. If I didn't know better, I'd think I was pregnant. And yes, I DO know better.

The only good thing is that I get to watch Sex and the City without getting badgered by my parents to get a job. When my super laidback dad can casually ask me "Had a good sleep?"... I know a not-so-subtle hint when it's thrown at me.

Sigh, yes yes, I know it's time to get a job. And to let you know the level of my interest... when people call me up for interviews, my darling friends (that being Sylvia and Kristin) would immediately chime in "Please sound more interested and not as if they owe you something!" Yup, I'm the consummate job hunter. So absolutely devoid of interest. So lacking in excitement. That's me.

But all party's have to end eventually. My bank account is dwindling so quickly that I've yet to scrap my jaw off the floor. It's so tragic that when I went to the beach with Syl and Kris and Kris suggested a morning cocktail at Cafe del Mar, I counted my pennies and decided that I couldn't afford it. How tragic is that.

The Fadz said that I could stay at home and shake leg if that was my wish, once he got a good paying job. I don't know if he said it out of guilt or in a rush of passion/madness/body snatched moment. Whatever. I'm taking it. I love staying at home. I think I've turned mooching into an art form. Yup, this is the life for me. All you career-minded women be damned. You can kiss my degree-ass.

Must be the meds talking.

P.S: Nigella says that chilli-sugar syrup over vanilla ice cream is da bomb. Anyone up for that?

P.P.S: Ok, I'm definitely watching too much tv.

No comments: