Friday, January 02, 2009

Was just flipping through some of my older entries.


Damn, but I used to say a lot now, didn't I?


Looking at my newer entries, they seem to be written without much thought, containing very little information and flippantly short.


I wonder if this minimalist style comes from being a radio journo, and hence, trained to write very little.


Or if with age, and the stagnant working lifestyle that I now lead, I just have less to say?


Fewer opinions, fewer views, just going about my work and nothing much else.


I suppose it is reflective of my daily activities. You would think that being a journo means that I'm more connected to what's happening on the ground and around the world.


You would be right. But after spending a whole day immersed in the news, I simply refuse to talk about it after that. I don't want to think about it, I don't want to mull over it, I want to have nothing to do with it.


It's like every other job, right? Who wants to bring work - finance, HR, research, science - home and into personal life?


And so, I eschew all things news-related. Or remotely serious.


All I want to do is be this giggling idiot, fluffy, air-headed, bimbotic, which nary a care in the world.


Not caring that Singaporeans are dying around the world. Not caring that the economy is tanking, jobs are cut, wages are cut, people are destitute. Not caring that depressions rates are up, not caring that the world is crumbling around us.


I just want to watch E Entertainment Channel, pretend that life really is shiny and happy, and top it off with a little Nigella Lawson or Jamie Oliver.

No comments: