Thursday, May 06, 2010

I wonder when my heart and head will be in agreement.


Met Wern for dinner last night, and let's just say her reaction was not encouraging.


Short of telling me I made a mistake, I think the word she was trying not to use was "bitch".


As a friend, she's standing by my decision. But as a third party observer, what I did to Fadz can be seen as cruel and thoughtless.


And I can see why - if I say I have been unhappy for some time, then perhaps I should have said something earlier, instead of waiting till another guy shows up?


The timing simply stinks. And of course, it looks like I'm doing to Fadz what he did to me all those years ago.


I've been a coward, and I haven't been able to "man" up to my feelings. It's not like I haven't had feelings of restlessness, of uncertainty... but it was simply easier to squash these feelings and dismiss them as merely an "itch" that is bound to go away.


It really, really sucks that I have to hurt my best friend in the process of trying to figure out what I really want in a relationship, and from life in general.


But could I have continued in a relationship that was more "best friends" than "lovers"?


Maybe I have too grand ideas of what love should be, have expectations that are too unrealistic.


But if you don't explore it when you're young, when then is a good time?


Like Wern says, I will have to face the consequences of my decisions, good or bad.

No comments: