Saturday, September 18, 2010

Some memories hurt

It's like a snowball effect... You see something that triggers a memory, that then compels you to search further and you dig up memories that only serve to hurt even more.

Or in this case, inflict pain on myself.

F posted up pictures from jc time on fb. And there were 2 pics with of the two of us.

We looked so young, so happy and so in love.

I don't understand why he did it. He took down every other photo of us. Why bother reminding himself of us, when there's no more "us"?

I then took to reading my old blog entries, circa 2005. I was apparently so happy... But the thing is, i don't even remember some of the things that i wrote about.

Did we really share such a memory? Did we really have such a moment?

Sure, even then i was plagued by questions of religion. But i sounded SO DAMN SURE that everything was going to be for the better.

I don't regret ending a relationship that was already in my mind, on the decline.

But the romantic in me regrets that such a love had to end, that life really isn't like in fairy tales .

No comments: